- 1 cup rice 2 cups water or broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup dried marigold flowers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions with the water or broth, turmeric, and a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the marigold flowers and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- When the rice is done, stir in the marigold flowers and season with salt and pepper. The bright orange and yellow petals will add a pop of color and subtle floral flavor to this sunny rice dish.
- Serve warm alongside grilled meats or fish for a fresh, spring-inspired meal. Garnish with extra flowers for a festive touch.