Custard Vanilla Pod Recipe.
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 8 large egg yolks
2/3 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- an instant reading thermometer
- Heat the milk in a heavy 2 1/2 to 3-quart pan on moderate heat until hot but not boiling.
- While the milk is heating up, mix the yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heat-resistant container until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of hot milk to the egg yolk mixture in a spray, then whisk, add the rest of the milk, stirring constantly. Transfer the mixture into the pan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and registers 170 ° F in the thermometer, 6 to 10 minutes (do not boil).
- Immediately force the custard through a fine-mesh sieve, clean the bowl and add the butter and vanilla. Cold cream on a surface covered with waxed paper, until cold and thick, minimum of 3 hours