Bushbucks Arabica Coffee Beans 17.6 Oz
Africa's number one coffee variety sourced from the land of mountain gorillas to your table full of freshness and natures great taste.
Nyasaland variety has a long history. Originally cultivated in western Ethiopia (in the Geisha area), before being introduced to Uganda by the British in the early 20th century, where it adapted perfectly to the agroforestry on the slopes of Mount Elgon.
A group of 40-50 smallholder farmers still preserves some rare, decades-old Nyasaland Variety plants, cultivated since the 1940s in Uganda through the Slow Food Presidium project though facing extinction due to the arrival of free new hybrid varieties in the region.
- 100% washed Arabica, grown by Miale - Tubana Mixed Farmers’ Cooperative group in Mount Elgon at an altitude of 4,100ft – 5,600ft above sea level.
- Slow Food Presidia Coffee.
- Fully traceable Coffee.
- Handpicked and hand-sorted on site.
- Hand roasted and packed in small batches at the source direct from Uganda to you.
- This coffee has a great balance, medium acidity, silky full body, floral notes, and sweet chocolate after taste with 84 points cup score.
- Suitable for any brewing method, highly recommended for coarse to medium grind size.
- For French press brewing use, four heaped teaspoons of ground coffee in 300ml hot water and let it brew for 4 minutes before serving in a cup.