Bushbucks Premium Arabica Coffee Ground Beans.
Bushbucks Nyasaland Medium Roast Ground bean Coffee 100% washed Arabica – 1 bag 8.8oz(250g).
Nyasaland variety has a long history. Originally cultivated in western Ethiopia (in the Geisha area), it then arrived in the former British protectorate that is now Malawi (then known as Nyasaland), before being introduced to Uganda by British colonialists in the early 20th century, where it adapted perfectly to the agroforestry being practiced on the slopes of Mount Elgon.
MIALE-TUBANA MIXED FARMERS COOPERATIVE GROUP a group of 40-50 small holder farmers still proudly preserves some very rare, decades old Nyasaland Variety plants, cultivated since the 1940s in Uganda through Slow Food Presidium project which are facing extinction due to the arrival of new hybrid varieties like the SLs (Scott Laboratories) and Ruiru 11, which are distributed for free in the region.
Ingredients ; 100% Arabica ground Coffee (Nyasaland variety)
- 100% washed Arabica, grown by MIALE - TUBANA MIXED FARMERS’ COOPERATIVE GROUP in Mount Elgon at an altitude of 4,100ft – 5,600ft above sea level.
- Slow Food Presidia Coffee
- Fully traceable Coffee
- Handpicked and hand sorted on site
- Hand roasted and packed in small batches at the source direct from Uganda to you.
- This coffee has great balance, medium acidity, silky full body, floral notes and sweet chocolate after taste with 84 points cup score.
- Suitable for any brewing method, highly recommended for coarse to medium grind size.
- For French press brewing use four heaped tea spoon of ground coffee in 300ml hot water and allow to brew for 4 minutes before serving in a cup.