HOW TO PREPARE BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD WITH VANILLA SAUCE
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup ½ milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup of butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk, and oil.
- Put together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; slowly add to the egg mixture, beating just until mixed well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° F for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to the wire rack to cool completely.
- For the sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Stir in the cream until smooth, and then add butter.
- Then boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vanilla.
- Serve with blueberry bread.